Photo

Does Payflow Pro Recurring Billing support IPN?

paypal payflow recurring-billing payflow pro ipn

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 manash

manash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:05 AM

Does Payflow Pro Recurring Billing support IPN? I tried with DPRP(Direct Payment Recurring Payment) & it's sending me IPN message just fine.

But after lots of research as well, couldn't able to figure out a way to incorporate IPN for Payflow Pro Recurring Billing.

There is one feasible way, that I can see at this point of time, is the ”Inquiry” action to get the profile/payment specific detail. But for that, I have to run a cron, which’ll check the status/payment detail of the profile every time it runs, which I think will be cumbersome.

People, Can anyone please shade any insight into it?

#2 paypaldev

paypaldev

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

We use the IPN for PayPal Pro and adaptive payment systems for general incoming payment tracking. We run a cron once a week to check for failed payments (subscription service) internally. If we find one, we re-run the transaction. We also use gettransaction detail API calls for other detailed information if needed. Though, we rely mostly on the IPN system.

Paymetrics.com - Sales Alanytics and Metrics for PayPal.

#3 manash

manash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:25 AM

Hi

Can you please post any reference where I can see more details about the IPN service for Payflow Recurring Billing service. It would be really helpful.

Thanks for the update.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: paypal, payflow, recurring-billing, payflow pro, ipn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users