Photo

Php Fatal Error: Call To Undefined Method Paypal_Error::dodirectpayment()

paypal php nvp api dodirectpayment fatal error undefined method

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 clehnert

clehnert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:48 AM

Shortly after changing nameservers, I started getting a "PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method PayPal_Error::DoDirectPayment()" on submission of payment method using the paypal NVP API. Does this somehow look at the whois information for the domain? Is there something else that could be causing this due to nameserver propagation? At this point, the nameservers show to be fully propogated, and it has been close to 24hours while I am still unable to process a payment. Though, when paypal is chosen as the payment method (instead of direct payment) everything works and the paypal UI is loaded. The email address listed on the domain had changed, but I have just now changed it to the one that was used when paypal was working previously. I will try again in the morning, but can't see how this could affect the "DoDirectPayment()" function. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 clehnert

clehnert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:19 AM

Turns out the paypal API that was in use for the project I'm working on is extremely old (written in 2006). I have since updated the project to use the latest Merchant Payment API and have resolved the issue.

It had nothing to do with domain changes. It was just a coincidence that the issue started happening recently (payment worked up until around March 11th, 2014).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: paypal, php, nvp, api, dodirectpayment, fatal, error, undefined, method

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users