Photo

Possible To Activate 'paypal Account Optional' Via Api?

credit card api paypal account optional

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kleinermann

kleinermann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:16 AM

Hi there,

I'm new to the Paypal API, and i'm trying to work out an issue i have with our shopping cart. I'd like to prevent people from paying with credit card through Paypal, so I have deactivated the 'PayPal Account Optional' feature in the Paypal account settings. But for some reason this shows no effect in the shopping cart checkout. When being redirected to the Paypal page for processing the payment, a customer can still choose to either pay with credit card or via Paypal.

Does the Paypal API offer an option to change the 'PayPal Account Optional' setting during checkout, and overwrite the default setting in the Paypal account? If yes, where would i find more information about this option? If no, does someone have another idea why changing this setting does not have any effect?

Thanks for any help!

#2 paypaldev

paypaldev

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:46 PM

Setting PayPal account optional does not prevent a user from paying with a credit card as the funding source.

Paymetrics.com - Sales Alanytics and Metrics for PayPal.

#3 kleinermann

kleinermann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:33 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

I deactivated the 'PayPal Account Optional' setting on another shopping cart and it removed the credit card payment option on the Paypal payment page. So i'm not sure what you mean when you say "Setting PayPal account optional does not prevent a user from paying with a credit card as the funding source."

How would i then prevent users from being able to pay with credit card?

Thanks!

#4 kleinermann

kleinermann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:47 AM

I've just checked this again and now i see what you mean. When i get the option to either log into Paypal or create a new Paypal account, i also insert the credit card details. So in the end i still pay with credit card even though i have a Paypal account.

But that's ok. I just have the problem that when users don't sign into their Paypal account, and pay with credit card. These users are not automatically returned to the shopping card after payment, as they have to first confirm that they want to return. Some users don't confirm, and therefore the order is not completed in the shopping card.

On one of my shopping carts i can change the behaviour on the Paypal payment page so that it requires users to have a paypal account, on the other one this doesn't work. And so i'm wondering if there might be some setting in the Classic API which can be used to force credit card payments?

I'd be greatful for any help with this. Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: credit card, api, paypal account optional

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users