• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest(old)

Guest(old)

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 02:58 PM

Anyone please help any solution for my needs:

The URL of the webpage which has the "subscribe" button on is dynamically generated by a cgi script. The URL contains few IDs I want to preserve after customer paid the subcription, according to Paypal, I should specify a return URL after successful payment. since my return URL is different for each new subcriber, I can not specify a fixed return URL. What I need is to have the new subscriber to return to the page where he clicked the "subscribe" button. Like the "back" button of a browser, it returns the customer to the page he came from, but a fixed page URL I specify.

Is there a solution for it?
  • DJHards likes this

#2 Guest(old)

Guest(old)

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 03:10 PM

sorry I little confused:

After the subscriber paid through paypal, I want them to be returned to my own SignUp page which has dynamically generated URL, (not the page he came from).

I need to catch the referral ID of the new subscriber which is hidden in the URL, that is basically what I need. After the new subscriber paid, I need to lead them to my own SignUp form which would capture the Referral's ID, the new subscriber's name etc, then POST the form to a cgi and all the information into an mySQL database at the back.

thanks so much

#3 Guest(old)

Guest(old)

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 03:40 PM

There is an Item ID captured with each subscrition. After payment process, subscriber is led to a secured page with username/password. on this page, can it pre-populate subscriber's Item ID, email address in a predesigned form?

#4 paypal_pb

paypal_pb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 11:24 AM

You can specify that the "return" URL for Subscriptions include IPN variables by including:

<input type="hidden" name="rm" value="2">

in your PayPal signup button.

Patrick Breitenbach
PayPal, Inc.
Dev Net: https://www.paypal.com/pdn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users