• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 jcMonty

jcMonty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 08:21 AM

I have been trying for about a week to get my site to work properly using the IPN system. During testing last week, with the IPN system repeatedly hitting my site, I verified that the HTTP 200 OK success code was being sent back to PayPal in the page header. However, the last time the IPN system hit my script page after a test was on Wednesday, 11/20. On Friday, 11/22, I called PayPal tech support and was told the IPN system wasn't working and that the problem had been "elevated" to the engineers' level. No estimated date of it working again. So, I'm wondering if anyone else is having the problem of IPN not working, or is it just me?

#2 jcMonty

jcMonty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 10:28 AM

Still doesn't work for me. According to a PayPal tech rep I just talked to, the IPN system is still down and not working, no ETR available. Guess I'll just have to be patient.

#3 Guest(old)

Guest(old)

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 11:59 AM

So that's the problem!

I just implemented IPN an have yet to see results.

Glad to hear that IPN is not working AND MAYBE it's not my fault. :]

#4 paypal_pb

paypal_pb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 01:26 PM

It's working fine. I'm not aware of any recent IPN issues.

Patrick Breitenbach
PayPal, Inc.
Dev Net: https://www.paypal.com/pdn

#5 holzp

holzp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 02:34 PM

Im banging my head against the same issue. I was getting something this morning, but this afternoon, nothing. The url is valid IPN is on but the logs show no attempts even. Is the IPN system active? How can we debug something like this if our server logs show nothing?

#6 paypal_pb

paypal_pb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 06:14 PM

We usually do a test transaction before escalating. For example:

https://www.paypal.c...site.com/ipn.pl

Patrick Breitenbach
PayPal, Inc.

#7 Guest(old)

Guest(old)

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 09:40 AM

PayPal's IPN is NOT working correctly!
After pulling much of my hair out as well, a couple rewrites, I finally called tech support and explained my lact of getting item_number_x or item_name_x in my IPN reply.
They gave me a canned response that they were working on this issue, I said others say it works fine..... an hour on the phone, some test posts on their end got me a "we'll have someone look at this better and call you back this evening" this did not happen.
This morning I took and duplicated my scripts and only fed the info to myself.... I pick up my posted item_number_x on my IPN script.

James

#8 paypal_pb

paypal_pb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 12:18 PM

They come through as item_name1, amount1, item_name2, amount2, etc. in IPN.

Patrick Breitenbach
PayPal, Inc.

#9 jcMonty

jcMonty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 12:32 PM

Well, it appears that IPN is in fact working for me. A slight error on my part had the IPN system looking in the wrong directory for my return script page. Lessons learned: 1) if moving the action script page during testing, be sure to check the form submission page for the correct value in the notify_url input field; 2) that form value appears to override the value of the IPN script URL in the IPN Preferences section of your account profile.

Cheers.

#10 Guest(old)

Guest(old)

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 03:41 PM

Patrick,
Ok now I get your post from yesterday, I think I was stressing too much to see the missing underscore in your post....
It works now that I look for the varibales the way they send them back, not the way I send them..... <sigh>
Thanks!
James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users