Sending an email separate from PayPal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest(old)

Guest(old)

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 11:41 PM

I have a large page with a selection of multiple items that are then combined to create the final product. The data required to make this work is extensive and needs to be sent from the purchaser to us by email -- using variables within the paypal process (only "custom" would be suitable) cannot send enough required data without making it impossible to be read by a person. I would rather just send a short, unique identifier to match to the email with all the data.

I am not using stricly client side processing in Javascript, with no cookies. This works to do everything including creating the email to send. I do not want to use CGI, ASP, a DB, or other server side software. (I've read too many horror stories about hosts that shut off access to the data, lose it, or fail to back it up!)

Anybody got a suggestion about making the submit button do the email and then initiate going to PayPal for payment? I want just one button completion so that they do not forget to do the other, regardless of sequence.

#2 Guest(old)

Guest(old)

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 08:12 PM

Hey,

I am not exactly sure what you are looking for, but I made up a little code in JavaScript that might help you out.

Just cut and paste this into your web page editor (I use NotePad) and save it with the .html or .htm extention.

<html>
<head>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!-- Begin

function ProcessThis() {

var body = 'Anything you want in the body';
var PayPalAccount = 'YourPayPalAccount';

//How much you are billing
var amount = 10;

window.open("https://www.paypal.com/websrc?business="+PayPalAccount+"&amount="+amount);

// the following expression must be all on one line...
window.location = "mailto:youraddress@domain.com?subject=Your Subject&body="+body;

}
// End -->
</script>

</HEAD>

<BODY>

<form name="Process">
<input type="button" value="Send this Email" onClick="ProcessThis();">
</form>
</body>
</html>

This little script opens up a page to PayPal. Your PayPal information can easily be added in. And it also opens the users's default mail-client to send you an email with what ever information it is that you want to include. If you have any questions, email me @ removeallthis~.!webmaster_andthis_@deadseabeauty.net So basicly just 'webmaster' followed by @deadseabeauty.net (I hate spam and their harvesters!)

I hope this helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users