• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest(old)

Guest(old)

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 01:19 AM

Hello,

I can't set a URL with authentication information as an IPN URL. The URL looks like http://user:password...mysite.com/path and when I save it in my profile a warning message appears telling me that the URL can't be saved.

So, why this kind of URL can't be used as an IPN URL ? I need it to contain some authentication information. Could the system support it ?

Thanks in advance.

#2 EliteWeaver

EliteWeaver

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 04:18 AM

There is obviously a regex on entering an IPN url containing the @ symbol. I don't know your reasons for having an IPN script behing a protected realm, but if PayPal would allow you to enter this url I can't see why it wouldn't work though it may cause problems when PayPal is seeking for a HTTP 200 response code?

You could try a %40 in replace of the @ symbol?

Good luck!

- Marcus

#3 Guest(old)

Guest(old)

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 12:58 AM

Marcus, thank you for your reply.

The at-sign should not be encoded in the URL form user:password@host.com/path, otherwise it is not interpreted as the separator between authentication information and host name (IE reports a syntax error when '@' is replaced with its URL-encoded equivalent code '%40').

Any other idea about specifying an IPN URL that contains authentication information ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users