Permissions? Developer must be admin?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest(old)

Guest(old)

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 04:28 PM

I set up a premier paypal account for a client, with me as an employee with permissions set for everything. Prob is that in order to use the seller tools I have to verify receipt of an email first. The admin emails are sent to the client so I can't. *My* email address is registered on my personal PayPal account so it won't let me add that email on my client's account. My client gave me their signin info so they wouldn't have to deal with the setup stuff.

So how do I set things up so I can do all the development work? Even if I talk the client through changing the permissions, I still can't use my email with their account because it's already registered on mine.
  • JessieMt likes this

#2 DSD_David

DSD_David

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 07:51 PM

Well, I am assuming that you are using PayPal for a website.

Check to see if the site hosting the site has email forwarding.
You can setup an email @thatdomain.com and have it forward the emails to your personal address. You give paypal your @thatdomain.com address and you will fool paypal into thinking it's a different email, but all PayPal mail will still be sent to your personal email.

If your web hosting cannot do this, I am sure there are free sites for this kind of thing. Or just find a site that offer free email addresses @ their site, and you that to forward it.

Hope this helps.
-David

#3 Guest(old)

Guest(old)

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 08:08 PM

Thanks, both. I did end up creating another email address on my ISP just for this project. Then I was able to change primary email so all's set. This is going to be quite a pain if I do this for very many people. It seems odd that I have to create a new email account for every client's paypal project.

#4 DSD_David

DSD_David

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 09:27 PM

I still suggest finding a forwarding system.

That way for every project you have, you just create a new alias, and that way all your PayPal emails will all go to one real address.

-David

#5 paypal_pb

paypal_pb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 01:46 AM

You can re-use email addresses if you delete them from an account.

Patrick Breitenbach
PayPal, Inc.
Dev Net: https://www.paypal.com/pdn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users