3 replies to this topic

#1 PicsofNH

PicsofNH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 12:08 PM

HELP!!!

I am a newbie to E-Commerce and have run right smack into a brick wall with Pay Pal that I hope someone can help with...

I have a website I am designing with MS Frontpage. In it, people can look through 24 different images in the photo gallery. Once they decide on an image, they can choose between 2 different frame sizes (large and small), 2 different picture sizes (5x7 and 4x6) AND 3 different mat colors. Giving a grand total of 288 different options for ordering.

On my site, I created an order page complete with a drop-down menu in which I have made this whole selection process as simple as possible.

What I am looking to do is have a simple payment method that I can use at the end of this process. Pay Pal doesn't offer this and suggested third-party software developers. But, since I know little about HTML, I get lost in all the jargon and don't know what to ask for.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

TIA

James Dalton

#2 ron

ron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 04:01 PM

James,

From your description you can have an order placed with a series of dropdowns (selects) and a single Call to PayPal to place the order. If JavaScript is possible for you, then take a look at this...

http://members.aol.c...lper/simp1.html

Ron.

#3 loctor

loctor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 07:15 PM

I like the code you have above, When i use it it works, however i have 14 different items, all with multiple choices that change the amount,(custom computer builder) Paypal cuts off the full description of what needs to be seen in order for me to get the correct order.. any ideas?

JBish

#4 ron

ron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 03:27 AM

PayPal has limited field sizes, and you need to work around that.

item_name - 127 chars
item_description - 127
on0 - 64
os0 - 200
on1 - 64
os1 - 200

You need something that stuff info where you want to stuff it...

http://members.aol.c...er/simpall.html

That gives you the idea. You may need to modify it a bit to get everything stuffed where you want it, but it can be done...

Ron.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users