Photo

IPN, IPN Subscriptions, UK Currency etc. etc.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 ArcadaDesign

ArcadaDesign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 03:09 PM

I am working on a site that sells the following :-

1) Access to restricted areas on a recurring supscription basis
2) Access to restricted areas on a 1-time (daily) basis
3) Other items - lets say for example CD's and DVDs!

I was wanting to use paypal for all payments and it seems IPN is the way to do it (from what I have been reading). I want a script that :-

a) Handles the recurring charges and automatically configures .htaccess - adding and removing access on paypals notification/cancellation.
B) Handles the access to the 1-time areas (non-recurring), again handling the .htaccess too.
c) Handles all transactions in UK Pounds Sterling.
d) Also handles payment for the tangible items (CDs and DVDs) through IPN, again in £s Sterling.
e) Allows me to easily view all accounts / subscriptions / orders and anything else that might be useful.
f) Ideally it would also be able to automatically give Subscribers to (1) above an automatic (say 15%) discount on (3) - the CD's and DVD's.

Is there any software out there that does all this, and is fairly easy to use? Or can it all be done with Paypal alone (this I doubt as there will surely be a shopping cart which could include both recurring and non-recurring charges).

#2 paypal_pb

paypal_pb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 03:14 PM

You could do everything except (f) with one PayPal account. I think you'll only need IPN for susbcriptions so you can include a "notify_url" in your "subscribe" button to activate an IPN to your PayPal Perl script.

For one-day access controlled by .htaccess, create a PayPal subscription for 1 Day.

The PayPal shopping cart may work for you. All you need to do is insert PayPal "Add to Cart" buttons onto your HTML product pages. The PayPal web site includes several "button factories" for everything.

And, as of 2 weeks ago, all PayPal features are multi-currency.

Patrick Breitenbach
PayPal, Inc.
Dev Net: https://www.paypal.com/pdn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users