eCheck cleared, no notification?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest(old)

Guest(old)

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 03:01 PM

I had a payment that has been pending for about a week. The eCheck finally cleared but I did not receive a notification from the system. (Yet) How long does it usually take? I know IPN is supposed to send another confirmation upon successful funds transferred. Is it still using the term "Completed" ? Or is it "Cleared" ?

Call-for-Sitters - Your Community Network
www.CallforSitters.com

#2 Guest(old)

Guest(old)

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 11:04 AM

updated:

I ended up receiving a notice from the system, but it was at least more than 24 hours later. Is there a way to speed this up? (Or is it all random?)

Call-for-Sitters - Your Community Network
www.CallforSitters.com

#3 paypal_pb

paypal_pb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 11:37 AM

The email and IPN are transmitted the moment the eCheck clears in the PayPal system.

Patrick Breitenbach
PayPal, Inc.
Dev Net: https://www.paypal.com/pdn

#4 Guest(old)

Guest(old)

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 06:48 PM

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by paypal_pb
[br]The email and IPN are transmitted the moment the eCheck clears in the PayPal system.

Patrick Breitenbach
PayPal, Inc.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Absolutely FALSE.. I have an echeck that cleared this morning as of 10:00am and it is now 5:45.. No email and no IPN..

#5 Guest(old)

Guest(old)

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 09:11 AM

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Guest
[br]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by paypal_pb
[br]The email and IPN are transmitted the moment the eCheck clears in the PayPal system.

Patrick Breitenbach
PayPal, Inc.

Absolutely FALSE.. I have an echeck that cleared this morning as of 10:00am and it is now 5:45.. No email and no IPN..

Just to give an update, the IPN and email arrived 12/7 at 5:40 in the morning.. Chances are that the people from Paypal that post here are not developers, but some sort of "tech support" who usually don't know or understand how the system works. They are just repeating what they are told. So, it looks like you cannot guarantee when you will get the notification when an echeck clears.. It probably puts it on a queue and sends it out whenever it can. Its not as important as the initial pending or an actual payment, so they probably prioritize these notifcations as pretty low..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users