5 replies to this topic

#1 catnipetc@aol.com

catnipetc@aol.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 12:39 PM

Good afternoon,

I am trying to incorporate paypal into one long order form ( an example of what I am trying to do can be seen at www.kittybags.com/special.html this is not an active page )Is there someone that can help me with the code to develope this easy to order system using my paypal account for payments? Kindly email me and Thank you for any and all suggestions.

Best regards,
Dave McDonnell
Catnipetc@aol.com

#2 paypal_PO

paypal_PO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 12:50 PM

I would check out the Shopping Cart Manual as that will explain what you need to do.

https://www.paypal.c...opping_cart.pdf

#3 ron

ron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 12:57 PM

Dave,

Need a little more info. Do you want a server-side solution (send items to an ASP page that then goes to PayPal), or a client-side solution?

Ron.

#4 catnipetc@aol.com

catnipetc@aol.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 03:07 PM

Hello,

I still need HELP. Could not find a solution in the manual. I don't know how to easier explain the need, other than to refer those that might be willing to help me with / or sell me...the code needed to duplicate the page at www.kittybags.com/special.html

I want my customers to be able to enter their quantities on all items that they wish to purchase before going to the checkout. They have complained that when ordering 12 different items, they must wait while paypal takes them from one page and back to the beginning again. Or worse, they must use their back button constantly to keep their place. I want them to be able to stay on the same page until they have ordered everything they need, then they can press the checkout button.

Can someone kindy assist me, or emailing me directly? Catnipetc@aol.com

#5 ron

ron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 03:55 PM

Dave,

First, it does not help to post the same thing in multiple topics.

Second, you need to specify where the HTML fix is to be applied - in your server (ASP) or in local HTML (script).

It is pretty easy to do in either case, but you need to tell those that would help you whether they would need to work in ASP or in local JavaScript.

You need to respond to some of these questions instead of hollering in panic, everywhere.

The site you present is very easy to convert to PayPal, AND have all the entries tallied for entry into the PayPal cart without going thru an add-one-at-a-time scenario.

1. WHERE are you going to accumulate the data to be sent to PayPal? Server, or client (ASP, or script). Answer this and we can get started...

I'll do it client-side (HTML and JavaScript) for $50 in one day, and you keep that page (unchanged), and use method 2 in the PayPal Shopping Cart Manual to upload data to the PayPal cart. That way you have a complete description of orders, and it will be lightning fast.

Ron.

#6 catnipetc@aol.com

catnipetc@aol.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 04:52 PM

Thanks Ron,
I do not have the knowledge to answer your question properly. I write all of the pages on my website using simple html. I found that page on another site and liked the set up that they use.

I write my web pages usng html and upload using ftppro. I am happy to hire you if you understand my needs and feel that it is something that can be done as described. Kindly contact me via my email address Catnipetc@aol.com

Dave

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by ron
[br]Dave,

First, it does not help to post the same thing in multiple topics.

Second, you need to specify where the HTML fix is to be applied - in your server (ASP) or in local HTML (script).

It is pretty easy to do in either case, but you need to tell those that would help you whether they would need to work in ASP or in local JavaScript.

You need to respond to some of these questions instead of hollering in panic, everywhere.

The site you present is very easy to convert to PayPal, AND have all the entries tallied for entry into the PayPal cart without going thru an add-one-at-a-time scenario.

1. WHERE are you going to accumulate the data to be sent to PayPal? Server, or client (ASP, or script). Answer this and we can get started...

I'll do it client-side (HTML and JavaScript) for $50 in one day, and you keep that page (unchanged), and use method 2 in the PayPal Shopping Cart Manual to upload data to the PayPal cart. That way you have a complete description of orders, and it will be lightning fast.

Ron.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users