Photo

HELP- Can I edit the default shipping ranges???

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest(old)

Guest(old)

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 09:41 AM

The default shipping calculator is great however can I change the ranges for the flat amount. These are the default ranges below.

$0.01 - $9.99
$10.00 - $49.99
$50.00 - $99.99
$100.00 - $199.99
$200.00 and over

For example I would like to change the amounts to:

0.01-1.99
2.00-2.99
2.00-3.99

Can anyone assist me. If it can't be done what is the code in order to create this.

Thanks

• Acudgecef likes this

#2 paypal_pb

paypal_pb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 11:27 AM

You can't modify the shipping break-points in the account profile. You might be able to do it using techniques described here: http://members.aol.com/paypalhelper/

Patrick Breitenbach
PayPal, Inc.
Dev Net: https://www.paypal.com/pdn

#3 Guest(old)

Guest(old)

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 08:20 PM

You can also set shipping on a "per button" basis. In the code of each button you create, add in this line:

<input type="hidden" name="shipping" value="x.xx">

where "x.xx" is the amount that you want to charge for shipping

you will have to also enable transaction based shipping in your profile.

when you log in to your PayPal account, click on profile. Then click on "shipping calculation", then click the edit button.

There are 2 checkboxes at the bottom. You need to check the one that says something to the effect of "allow transaction based shipping to override the shipping in your profile. (I beleive it is the bottom checkbox).

This allows the code you put in your buttons to be rocognized and used rather that what you have in your profile (the table that you wanted to change).

There is a site out there that will even create the button code for you with the shipping variable already in it. It is www.techdevils.com. It is listed on the 'Developers' link on PayPal's site.

Patrick O'Neal
PayPal, Inc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users