Photo

donations for personal accounts? or for business?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 idiotprogrammer

idiotprogrammer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 04:41 AM

Hi, this is not necessarily a technical question. It's more of a fee question.

The fee schedule for personal accounts is free (if the money comes directly from a donator's bank) and business accounts impose 2.9% + .30. I'm not sure what kind of account I have, but I used the donation button wizard to create a donate button. I see that it has
<input type="hidden" name="business" value="">

Is it possible to make a donate button for a personal account and a different one for my business account? (I.e., one button for people paying with their bank account, and another for people paying with a credit card). Or do I pay a fee only for credit card donations?

Thanks.

Robert

#2 PayPalStephen

PayPalStephen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 01:12 PM

The variable name of business is constant for all payment buttons or URLs used to make a payment via PayPal. The value is the email address of your PayPal account. The email address will decide where the money is sent to. So if you have your email address on a Personal PayPal account, the business variable will show that email address and no fees will be applied. If your email address is on a Premier/Business account you will have the 2.9% + 0.30 per transaction applied to all incoming payments. You can have a Personal and Business account, since there would be a unique email address on each account you could do this. Personal accounts can recieve payments from a Bank account or PayPal balance. Premier/Business accounts can recieve payments from Bank account, PayPal balance or Credit Card.

Stephen Ivaskevicius
PayPal/eBay, Inc.
www.paypal.com/pdn

#3 idiotprogrammer

idiotprogrammer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 03:03 PM

So I could use the wizard to create a button, use the email account that comes with my personal account, and then any transfer from a person's bank (not a credit card) would be free?

By what you are saying, it seems that I can have two buttons

1. Personal (for people donating from their own bank account). No fee.
2. Business (for people donating from a credit card)

The only thing I need is a different email account for both buttons.

I used a string from my account (i.e., JXP7ABGM69KZL) for "variable" so my business email is not visible on the web. Must a button for a personal account donation include an email instead of a value="" ?

Thanks.

Robert

#4 PP-Patricia

PP-Patricia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 09:05 PM

Actually, each account has it's own unique referral ID (i.e., JXP7ABGM69KZL) this includes Personal accounts. You would simply need to insert your Personal Account's referral ID in the appropriate button.

Patricia
PayPal Technical Support Agent
PayPal, an eBay company

#5 idiotprogrammer

idiotprogrammer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 04:34 PM

At the risk of sounding like an idiot...

PPP, so if I used my personal account(i.e., JXP7ABGM69KZL) for "variable", would it be able to process credit card transactions (albeit with fees)? Or only bank transactions?

If I donate to someone with my bank card (not credit card), will PayPal never deduct a fee from the amount donated?

I want the benefit of getting donations-without-fees from bank cards and also the ability the receive donations-with-fees from credit cards. Short of having two separate accounts and two separate buttons, how is this possible?

idiotprogrammer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users