3 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce

Bruce

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 October 2002 - 05:39 AM

Hi all,

A really simple question, but how do I check that txn_id has not been previously processed. I am intending to use Perl.

What do I check txn_id against, I know that I have to check register_email with my email address, but what do I check the txnid with?

Also I want to do a couple of inserts into my DB, when the payment has been completed, if the payment is pending do I just do nothing until the I get a failed or completed from the paypal server.

Cheers
Bruce

• Mymnrumourf and Infevavof like this

#2 Bruce

Bruce

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 October 2002 - 06:10 AM

Hi

Is it other customer txn_id's i need to check against. Would I be right in thinking that I should store the txn_id for every customer transaction and check against it in the script that IPN posts to.

Bruce

#3 paypal_pb

paypal_pb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 30 October 2002 - 09:38 AM

Yes. You should store the txn_id for each Completed payment you receive and check new Completed payments against it. It can be as simple as storing the txn_id's in a text file or database.

Patrick Breitenbach
PayPal, Inc.
Dev Net: https://www.paypal.com/pdn

#4 dperry

dperry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 November 2002 - 11:18 PM

Patrick,

I am assuming that there is only one txn_id for each transaction and this id continues until the transaction is Completed, Failed or Denied. If this is correct, would there be a reason to save a pending payment_status and update the record when the payment_status changes?

Also, when I receive a post from PayPal and an INVALID is received, what IPN variables should I expect?

Thanks,
Dave Perry

Yes. You should store the txn_id for each Completed payment you receive and check new Completed payments against it. It can be as simple as storing the txn_id's in a text file or database.

Patrick Breitenbach
PayPal, Inc.
Dev Net: https://www.paypal.com/pdn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users