Photo

Paypal transaction - credit card cash advance?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 dennisgeorge

dennisgeorge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 04:48 PM

I have paypal set up so that I can receive donations for my organization. The account is set up as a business account with multiple logins. My donation button has a name for item in it, but its not really a good or service... Its just the name of the fund we're receiving money to. My question is, and this goes for personal accounts too... Since this is really just a transfer of money, will the credit cards of people who make donations be charged cash advance fees? Or no because there is an item name on it. Is this fraudulent then to make it seem like im providing a good or service?

Thanks.

#2 paypal_robert

paypal_robert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 10:25 PM

Hello,

The credit card would not be charged a cash advance fee because the customer would not be getting a cash advance. They would be making a donation payment to you.

As to whether it is fradulent - I don't believe so, because you set up the button as a donation button. You are not trying to misrepresent anything (e.g. vending a product by using a donation button or soliciting for donations by using a buy now button).

Robert
PayPal Tech Support
PayPal, an eBay Company

#3 yenhuong

yenhuong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 05:47 PM

Chase Visa tells me otherwise. Apparently ALL transactions involving PayPal are treated as a cash advance, will be subjected to a 3% fee, and will be subjected to an interest rate of 19.99%.

Please inform if wrong.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by paypal_robert
[br]Hello,

The credit card would not be charged a cash advance fee because the customer would not be getting a cash advance. They would be making a donation payment to you.

As to whether it is fradulent - I don't believe so, because you set up the button as a donation button. You are not trying to misrepresent anything (e.g. vending a product by using a donation button or soliciting for donations by using a buy now button).

Robert
PayPal Tech Support
PayPal, an eBay Company
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

#4 PayPal_Paulam

PayPal_Paulam

Average Member

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 01:36 PM

Hi All,

Generally speaking Donation will not get hit with the cash-advance fee. Donation is treating as another goods payments.

Paulam
PayPal Tech Support Agent
PayPal an eBay company

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users