#1 uprosper

uprosper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2002 - 01:59 PM

*****BELOW IS MY POST FROM LAST NIGHT*****

I have 3 items, A, B, C.

I want to charge 7.50 shipping for the first item and 1.00 for each additional item ordered for item A.

I want to charge 6.50 for the first item and 1.00 for each additional item ordered for item B.

And I want to charge 5.50 for the first item ordered and 1.00 for each additional item ordered for item C.

Can I override the shipping profile and use the variables "shipping" & "shipping2" in the same manner as if using the button wizard to create single items for purchase?
example:<input type="hidden" name="shipping" value="7.50">
<input type="hidden" name="shipping2" value="1.00">

If the answer to the above question is YES, do I have to specify anything other than just the shipping and shipping2 variables?

Do I put the variables directly under the "amount" variable in the HTML code?

*****END OF POST FROM LAST NIGHT*****

Sorry about not getting this right. What I really want to do is only charge the shipping (variable) on the first item purchased and the shipping2 (variable) on all subsequent items, regardless of whether they are the same size or not (see above scenario).

I can't see any way to accomplish this based on the way I have to use a separate "Add to Cart" button for each item.

Thanks again.

Steve Taylor

#2 paypal_pb

paypal_pb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 11 December 2002 - 02:04 PM

shipping and shipping2 act on each row in the cart so you won't be able to set it up how you describe.

Patrick Breitenbach
PayPal, Inc.
Dev Net: https://www.paypal.com/pdn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users