• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 loopi

loopi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 07:35 AM

Ok, I have a basic subscription with two options (one month recurring, or 3 month non-=recurring), and that is fine. My third option is a Guide I wrote which includes one month free subscription, then recurrring normal sub after. I did this by just setting trial period to the GUIDE PRICE and One Month, and then it becomes a normal subscription at the normal rate. Still all was fine. Now what I need is for the GUIDE buyers to have access to the guide and the sub area, but for Subscription ONLY accounts NOT to have access to the guide. So I set up .htpasswd and .htpasswdgd, now I just need to know how I would go about implementing this in paypal.pl. What I need specifically is how to modify the multi-subscription script (the one posted here for 3 different subscription options) so that the option which is the GUIDE would then write to BOTH password files. It doesn't need to ever do anything else (remove the second password) since once they buy the Guide it is forever, so it just needs to (one time) write their password to the Guide Password file and ONLY for users who choose that option.

If anyone can help I would so appreciate it, since I do not want to mess up the file and make it not work.

James
  • xxkalliy likes this

#2 paypal_pb

paypal_pb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 11:33 AM

Use two paypal.pl scripts and specify the Notification URL in a notify_url field in your sign up buttons.

Patrick Breitenbach
PayPal, Inc.
Dev Net: https://www.paypal.com/pdn

#3 loopi

loopi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 04:44 AM

Ok, understood, but still where would I write to the two password files from within paypal.pl? I still need the Guide users to be in BOTH password files. I just thought the script you wrote for three differing subscription options would work if one had a sort of "If Option B, then write to .htpasswdgd as well" type thing, I'm just totally unsure how to implement that and so my problem is still there, in how do I implement the actual writing to two password files within the script? I can do it either way you think best, from your modified 3 option file, or from two seperate files, if you just explain the line of code I need insert to get it to do the actual writing to two password files.

Thanks so much for your reply!

James

#4 paypal_pb

paypal_pb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 06:23 PM

You'd need to modify paypal.pl to write to two htpasswd files. There may only be a few lines of code to add/modify but it's beyond the scope of support we can provide.

Patrick Breitenbach
PayPal, Inc.
Dev Net: https://www.paypal.com/pdn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users