• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 RAM Computers

RAM Computers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 06:49 AM

I am brand new to Cold Fusion and not familiar with scripting at all or SQL. As of two days ago, I had no back end operations on my web site. I have since installed Cold Fusion MX for the application server as well as Microsoft Access for the database. I use Windows XP Professional and IIS for the web server. I want to start IPN and everything I have read about Cold Fusion scripting is that it goes into an HTML formatted page with a cfm extention. Does it go into the head or the body of an html page for IPN? Or is it just the script itself without being in an html page? I am so confused as none of the examples tell you the answer to this. Using the sample code given at the PayPal site, are there any lines of code I need to change to be specific to my application and database? My database is now set up as a table with all IPN variables for the fields because my business is subject to change. At the present time, I offer a service with 3 different charges, depending on how involved the service is to the customer. A single item purchase is currently the payment method. In the future, I would like to offer a subscription pricing method to repeat customers for the service offered, as well as the selling of products that will require a shopping cart type setup. Is my database acceptable in table format? Please help this confused newbie.

#2 scotmhogan

scotmhogan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 08:27 PM

Does it go into the head or the body of an html page for IPN? Or is it just the script itself without being in an html page?

The IPN feature is based primarily on the script itself and of course the script is hit by Activating the IPN URL in your PayPal account that points to your Cold Fusion script located on your web server.

Tutorial Reference URL http://tutorial23.easycfm.com/

The link below will take you to a complete CF script including a CF Query String. (You need to change the top Script URL reference, the receiver email address and the Query database reference: <cfquery name="InsertPaymentRecord" datasource="#ds#">

http://www.paypaldev...sp?TOPIC_ID=277

The Microsoft Access Database is fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users