• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Skorski

Skorski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 11:29 PM

Now that I accept Canadian Dollars I want a shopping cart on my web site. In the Province of Ontario we charge sales tax of 8%. In my Account profile under selling preferences for Sales Tax I can only select a State in the USA but there is no Canadian Provinces. When a customer places an order for the first time using Pay Pal,credit card information is required.If you live outside of the U.S. there is a "outside the U.S.?" link next to ZIP code you select. On this credit card information page there is a field for State/Province/Region. The problem is this field is not associated with my sales tax “State” drop down list under my profile, which means sales tax is never included in the order. Is it possible to change the State/Prov/Region field to a drop down list and then include this field in my profile settings for sales tax? If this is not possible maybe the State Field on the credit card info page used by US residents can be changed to State/Province and include all the States and Provinces. Maybe there is a way of doing this and I am missing something.

#2 paypal_pb

paypal_pb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 12 November 2002 - 12:39 PM

Working on it. Probably not till next year.

Patrick Breitenbach
PayPal, Inc.
Dev Net: https://www.paypal.com/pdn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users