• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 rmfranks

rmfranks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 11:08 PM

I recently implemented a shopping cart for our Athletic Club Pro Shop. We sell items to members of our club as well as members in other locations. Right now I have PayPal configured to allocate a fixed shipping charge amount to every order. This is a problem for members of our club who wish to order online yet pick up their order at the front desk rather than have us ship it to them.

What I need to figure out and implement is how to allow a customer at the time of order entry and adding an item to a PayPal shopping cart the option to select shipping "Yes or No". If they select no, then shipping charges are not added to the order.

Any suggestions how to address this problem without me having to write some special asp script to override and pass optional shipping charges to the PayPal shopping cart?

You can check out our ProShop catalog at www.solanaclub.com/proshop.asp

It is a very basic catalog using MS Access as the underlying database. I am still tweaking the design and adding more products daily but our members really like the ability to place orders for equipment and pay via PayPal using credit cards or bank transfer.

Thanks in advance for replies to this posting.

#2 PayPalStephen

PayPalStephen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 09:35 AM

You can add a second shipping variable with the value of '0.00' and have a pull down menu or radio button for the two choices. So if they are picking up the item, the value would be '0.00' and no shipping will be charged.

Stephen Ivaskevicius
PayPal/eBay, Inc.
www.paypal.com/pdn

#3 rmfranks

rmfranks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 11:54 AM

Thanks for the reply. So I assume what you are referring to is for me to change the script on the client side within my catalog selection options to allow the customer to select a shipping charge and then for me to pass that variable to the PayPal shopping cart. Right? If I pass shipping charges to PayPal does that override the default fixed amount shipping charges I setup in PayPal?

#4 rmfranks

rmfranks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 11:56 AM

Also, I don't want the customer to have to denote shipping charges to be applied by item but rather for the entire order. I would like to have an option on the PayPal shopping cart that denotes "Apply Shipping Charges" "Yes or NO" or something to that effect. Is this possible?

#5 paypal_pb

paypal_pb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 12:04 PM

As of today, a new variable named "cart_handling" enables merchants to specify an amount that applies to the whole cart no matter how many items are in the cart.

Patrick Breitenbach
PayPal, Inc.
Dev Net: https://www.paypal.com/pdn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users