I just want to send them to my site...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest(old)

Guest(old)

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 07:18 AM

I'm completely clueless on how to use IPN, and I've read everything I could find on the PayPal site. Is there a way to direct my customers to a "successful transaction" page on my Web site after they complete a transaction WITHOUT having to learn all about IPN? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
  • Mymnrumourf likes this

#2 Bruce

Bruce

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 08:19 AM

So I take it you do not want to use IPN then!

After the transaction is complete whether or not you are using IPN, the user should be taken the URL you specified when making the paypal button. If you did not specify one, your user will be taken to there paypal account page.

IPN is not hard once you get your head around it, the benefits of IPN totally outway the couple of hours/days you need to get your head round the technical stuff.

#3 PayPal_Danny

PayPal_Danny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 03:23 PM

If you are familiar with HTML, you can modify the lines below and paste it into the HTML code for your PayPal buttons. I recommend having a success page and cancel page, in the event they click cancel.

<input type="hidden" name="return" value="success-page.html">
<input type="hidden" name="cancel_return" value="cancel-page.html">

If you are not into HTML, go back and recreate your buttons, but this time click the (Add More Options) button. You can then specify your success and cancel page under the heading of (Customize Your Buyer's Experience).

Danny
PayPal Inc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users