Photo

Donation Button Incorrectly Adding Shipping!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 herron

herron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:00 AM

I have asked this in other parts of the forum as a sub-set of another question. This old dog really struggles with coding (new trick), so any help or direction given is much appreciated.

Forum members were very helpful a few years ago, aiding me in setting up a payment form for items I sell through my web site. I have now added a "donation" option to the site, but am having trouble with the shopping cart. When the "Donation" item is selected, the cart adds (for a reason I can't fathom) a shipping charge. I cannot seem to get rid of it, no matter what I try (I do have the preferences box checked to allow transaction-based shipping values to override settings). Could the cart be picking up some of the information from the "pay-for" items on the site? If so, how do I correct that?

This is the donation code as it now exists:

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick">
<input type="hidden" name="business" value="rlh2663@aol.com">
<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value=""Collecting Mamiya 35mm" Web Site Fund">
<input type="hidden" name="page_style" value="PayPalDonation">
<input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="1">
<input type="hidden" name="return" value="http://www.herron.50megs.com/donation.htm">
<input type="hidden" name="cancel_return" value="http://www.herron.50megs.com/donate-no.htm">
<input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1">
<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD">
<input type="hidden" name="tax" value="0">
<input type="hidden" name="lc" value="US">
<input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but04.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!">
</form>

RLH

#2 herron

herron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:04 AM

I think I found the answer!

I have added this to the coding:

<input type="hidden" name="shipping" value="0.00">

I will test it momentarily, to see if it solves the problem.

RLH

#3 herron

herron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 06:31 AM

Seems like it's working!

RLH

#4 jcMonty

jcMonty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 05:24 PM

I have just started having the same problem that herron was experiencing. The donation button was working fine for months but I recently added a shopping cart button to sell t-shirts on our site. The shopping cart for t-shirts uses a shipping calculation. I suspect that this is somehow now causing problems when someone sends in a donation. Email exchanges with PayPal customer service have proved fruitless (they don't seem to even read the description of my problem, just send canned responses on how to set up shipping for orders processed thru Ebay, etc.). Very frustrating.

My donation button code is encrypted. Will I need to use an unencrypted version to add the hidden form field to override shipping ( i.e., <input type="hidden" name="shipping" value="0.00"> )?

Thanks.

#5 kathleenfasanella

kathleenfasanella

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:03 PM

I don't want shipping to be added to donations.
I couldn't find anything on paypal's site to correct it so I called. They sent me an email saying:
----------
To use transaction-based shipping values you will need to check
the box that says 'Click here to allow transaction-based shipping values to override the profile shipping settings listed above

4. Click the 'Shipping Calculation' link under 'Selling
Preferences.

5. To use the shipping variable you will need to manually edit the
source code for the PayPal button and add a line of code. It does not
matter where you place this line of code as long it is in between the
<form> and </form> tags of the PayPal button

· The shipping variable value is a flat amount that is applied
to the transaction.

· The syntax is <input type="hidden" name="shipping"
value="x.xx">

· Setting the variable to "0.00" will cause no shipping to be
added
for this item.
------------------
so, I did all of that and added the line:
into my template as directed, rebuilt it and voila! It is STILL adding shipping to donations.
My button is also encrypted. Does anyone have a solution for this?

#6 brentwic

brentwic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 08:49 PM

Yes Agreed - I have spent too much time on this already...

I am amazed others do not have this problem - or hopefully have found a fix to this...

#7 bgge2shop

bgge2shop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 04:18 AM

This may help other users like me who had the same problem until I consulted documentation pdf.

Add this to your button

I also added this to be sure

<input type="hidden" name="handling" value="0.00">

One stop shopping where great deals & FREE offers are just a click away!

#8 bgge2shop

bgge2shop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 04:24 AM

P.S.

The button should not be encrypted either, as far as I know.

bgge.com - One stop shopping where great deals & FREE offers are just a click away!

#9 Christlike

Christlike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:48 PM

I have spent hours trying to work on this issue. The site that I maintain has a shopping cart with already figured shipping amounts. I added a donation to the page and it always adds shipping! I called Pay Pal support and they have done nothing to help me out. I have tried exactly what you'all suggest above, to enter:

input type=hidden name=shipping value="0.00"
input type=hidden name=shipping2 value="0.00"
input type=hidden name=handling value="0.00"

But none of this works. I have tried every combination known to man...as I stated above, I have spent hours trying to figure this out, but to no avail. The above coding, I have tried every combination with and without them. NOTHING WORKS!!

Here is my coding:

form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post"
input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick"
input type="hidden" name="business" value="kbkinc@sbcglobal.net"
input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="Donation for Alathea Ministries"
input type="hidden" name="page_style" value="Alathea"
input type=hidden name=shipping value="0.00"
input type=hidden name=shipping2 value="0.00"
input type=hidden name=handling value="0.00"
input type=hidden name=handling_cart value="0.00"
input type="hidden" name="cancel_return" value="http://www.bornagainmormon.com/alathea.htm"
input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD"
input type="hidden" name="lc" value="US"
input type="hidden" name="bn" value="PP-DonationsBF"
input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but21.gif" border="0" name="submit"
img border="0" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/scr/pixel.gif" width="1" height="1"
</form>

And yes, I have left all the brackets off this response, because I cannot figure how to get around it to post!

#10 Christlike

Christlike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:46 PM

I have figured out the answer on my own and I am so happy. First of all, when contacting Pay Pal, you can forget about a personal reply. They will send you that generated e-mail reply, without even reading what you wrote. They don't get paid to figure out individual problems, just cut and paste any given answer.

In order to solve the shipping problem (which is not stated any where on the Pay Pal web site), log into your account. Then, click on the "Profile" tab. After that in the far right column, click on the link that says, "Shipping Calculations." Now, at the bottom of the screen, there is a box to check. Check this box! This threw me at first, because I did not want people to override the shipping and handling charges, but this is not the case! After you have checked the box, hit the "Save" button.

Now, in your source code, add the following code in order to make the shipping and handling disappear:

<font color="#ff0000">
<input type=hidden name=shipping value="0.00">
<input type=hidden name=shipping2 value="0.00">
<input type=hidden name=handling value="0.00">
<input type=hidden name=handling_cart value="0.00"></font>

I should work for Pay Pal writing these help guides!

#11 drdarrow

drdarrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:46 AM

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Christlike
[br]Now, at the bottom of the screen, there is a box to check. Check this box!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I do not see any such box to check, and I suspect it is because Paypal has since updated the look and feel of their site. Can you tell me more specifically what the box says next to it, or review the Source Code of the web page and tell me what's being checked... or tell me where to now find that particular solution?

===================================
Unique, realistic Fine Art, Oil Paintings, Commissioned Portraits and Figure Paintings: http://www.DarrowArt.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users