Photo

WHY WON'T YOU LET A 13 YEAR OLD SET UP AN ACCOUNT?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 wierdo

wierdo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 08:08 PM

I AM A RESPONSIBLE 13 YEAR OLD. I WANT TO SET UP AN ACCOUNT WITH PAYPAL BUT THEY WON'T LET ME. I REALLY HOPE SOMEONE ELSE KNOWS A PLACE I CAN MAKE AN ACCOUNT AND NOT HAVE AN AGE LIMIT. I AM VERY RESPONSIBLE AND SO WHY NOT LET ME??? PAYPAL YOU'D BETTER REPOND TO THIS!!!

#2 wierdo

wierdo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 08:13 PM

Oops, i put this in the wrong category!!!

#3 globalpro

globalpro

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 08:55 PM

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by wierdo
[br]I AM A RESPONSIBLE 13 YEAR OLD. I WANT TO SET UP AN ACCOUNT WITH PAYPAL BUT THEY WON'T LET ME. I REALLY HOPE SOMEONE ELSE KNOWS A PLACE I CAN MAKE AN ACCOUNT AND NOT HAVE AN AGE LIMIT. I AM VERY RESPONSIBLE AND SO WHY NOT LET ME??? PAYPAL YOU'D BETTER REPOND TO THIS!!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Gee, that's telling them.

On the Users Agreement, it states, "our Service is not available to minors (under 18)".

John

#4 ron

ron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 10:42 PM

It is a legal problem - minors cannot make contracts. You need to have your parents set it up for you, or some other adult to take responsibility for your actions and any debt youmay incur. That's just the way it is....

Ron.

#5 PayPal_Cory

PayPal_Cory

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:10 AM

To echo what Ron has said, contract law can be precarious for any party entering into an agreement with another. Unfortunately, until you are 18, we cannot engage in an agreement because you are not of legal age to enter into a contract.

PayPal_Cory
Developer Technical Support
PayPal, an eBay Company
http://paypal.com/pdn

#6 globalpro

globalpro

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:52 AM

Hi guys,

Thanks for REPONDing in detail. ;o)

John

#7 wierdo

wierdo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 08:24 PM

My parents won't do it for me... I have a website and need a way to transfer money. And I of course don't want to give away my address.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users