1 reply to this topic

#1 DJ

DJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 01:28 PM

Here's the question:
Is there any way to decrypt/unhash the password I get from PayPal when using IPN?

Here's the background:
I'm setting up a site for a guy who wants to provide stock market simulations. He has made some deal with a separate company to do this. I have set up his site to take subscription payments (processed through PayPal - which part I have working). I'm using IPN, with the option to generate ID/Password on, so an ID/Password passes back to my script. However, the password is encrypted.

This would be alright if I wanted to control content local to this guy's site - I could just process it into a .htaccess file. BUT - I need to pass all the subscriber information (including ID/Password) to this third party company that is the one actually providing the stock market simulation, so they can get the information into their user files.

The variables I pass to their system have to match what they get from their standard signup form, which prompts a user for an ID/Password of their own choosing, and takes that in the clear. So I need to pass the password to them as-is, in the clear, unencrypted. Anyone have any idea how this might be accomplished?

#2 paypal_pb

paypal_pb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 01:57 PM

It's not possible to decrypt the password supplied in IPN.

If you are generating usernames and passwords, you may not need to use the Password Management part of our Subscription service.

Patrick Breitenbach
PayPal, Inc.
Dev Net: https://www.paypal.com/pdn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users