3 replies to this topic

#1 shaunathan

shaunathan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 07:19 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate Payments Pro into a new site that will sell a single product. I will be writing all of the PHP myself.

I'm having trouble.. First off, the SDK seems to be incomplete and buggy. I found some suggestions to move files around and such, and they sort of worked, until I try to work with the WebConsole. When I run code it generates, errors like this:

Notice: Use of undefined constant PEAR_LOG_INFO - assumed 'PEAR_LOG_INFO' in /Library/WebServer/Documents/paypal_php_sdk/WebConsole/WebTester/Services/PayPal.php on line 85

Fatal error: Class 'Log' not found in /Library/WebServer/Documents/paypal_php_sdk/WebConsole/WebTester/Services/PayPal/CallerServices.php on line 237

Keep in mind I had to remove the dependency on SSL for the package to install correctly. It claimed I didn't support it.

I got sample code from https://paypaltech.c...phen/pwpp/code/ , but when I try to execute the same code on my server, it gives me an error around "
$SOAPrequest = <<< End_of_quote
"
On both PHP 4 and 5.

I am not familiar with SOAP, either, though I'm trying to teach myself to make this work.

All I am trying to do is integrate PayPal as a payment option (Express Checkout) and credit card processor (Direct Payments). The site is very simple, and sells only one product (a training video/DVD).

We haven't decided on a web host yet, but my development server is OS X (Darwin) running Apache 1.3.33 and PHP 5.0.4 and PHP 4.3.3 (I installed both, hoping it was an error on that part).

ANy ideas out there? Any help at all is GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

~Shaun

~s!

#2 compwhizmm

compwhizmm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 05:08 PM

I tried the same sample code as you and also could not get it to work on my local test host. I got a cURL related error. I then uploaded to my webhost via ftp and it worked. You may try to sign up for a free php webhost for testing while you look for a permanent webhost.

#3 shaunathan

shaunathan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 02:22 AM

Yeah, its pretty weird. For some reason, PHP 4 and 5 on my server don't seem to like the <<< End_of_quote statement. I copied the same file to another three LInux-based web hosts, and it works fine.

So now I'm just writing all this from scratch. It's a slow process, but its working. Kindof.

Thanks!

~s

~s!

#4 PayPal_Cory

PayPal_Cory

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 07:45 AM

Hi Shaunathan,

The reason you are generating that error is due to either the 'Log' Pear package being missing or it is not in the include path. What I would suggest is go into your Pear directory, if it is not available from in the path and type:

pear install Log

Typically the package will not install if Log is not present if my recollection is correct. If it is not installed, the command should go out and install it for you directly from the Pear repository.

PayPal_Cory
Developer Technical Support
PayPal, an eBay Company
http://paypal.com/pdn
:: Any code samples provided are given expressly for demonstration purposes. ::
:: Use at your own risk ::

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users