3 replies to this topic

#1 daniel

daniel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 09:32 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to use Password Managment, but for some reason the username/passwords are not being transfered to my .htpasswd file.

Background. My site is running on Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) PHP/4.2.1 mod_ssl/2.8.10 OpenSSL/0.9.6a on FreeBSD.

I've set up my paypal account to use IPN.

I've installed the paypal.pl script in my cgi-bin, changed it's permissions to 755 and configured it to point to my password file, the "processed_txns" file, and send mail. I also entered my email address where indicated.

I set up the .htaccess file according to the 'installation.pdf", using my system path where needed. I generated the password file using the same instructions. I was able to generate an "admin" password to the directory I'm protecting and it works fine.

The problem is after I purchase a subscription username/pass combo, nothing changes in the .htpasswd file, nor does processed_txns every recieve anything. It's filesize is zero.

IPN seems to be working, because I'm recieving test payments at my subscription address.

I generated a subscription button using IPN and Password Management, using the HTML provided by the subscription screen at PayPal.

I'm a real novice when it comes to perl/linux so I'm not sure what else I should be doing, or checking for.

What could be some simple reasons why my usernames/passwords are not working?

Help! I'm really stumped!

Daniel

#2 daniel

daniel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 09:42 PM

a tail of my error log reveals:

[Sun Feb 2 23:36:50 2003] paypal.pl: [Sun Feb 2 23:36:50 2003] UserAgent.pm: Can't locate LWP/UserAgent.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 . /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503/mach /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503) at paypal.pl line 8.
[Sun Feb 2 23:36:50 2003] paypal.pl: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at paypal.pl line 8.

I think this is the relevant error because it's the only thing in the log that even remotely seems connected to what I'm doing.

Can anyone decipher this for me?

Thank you,

#3 paypal_pb

paypal_pb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 03 February 2003 - 10:58 AM

It looks like your server does not have the needed LWP::UserAgent PERL module. Contact your hosting provider to have it installed.

Patrick Breitenbach
PayPal, Inc.
Dev Net: https://www.paypal.com/pdn

#4 daniel

daniel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 February 2003 - 11:26 AM

Thank you!

Okay, that was indeed the problem and things seem to be working better now. Here's another question though. I've been testing this for user experience from beginning to end. I've been using my personal paypal account to purchase a subscription password/username, testing it, then cancelling the subscription and using the business account to deny payment.

Needless to say I've gotten a ton of email at both account related to the flurry of activity.

A) Is there a better way to test IPN password management?

B) Am I doing anything to my credit card that I'm not going to enjoy?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users