• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 codersrini

codersrini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:59 PM

Fee for a Regular Product + Fee for a Subscription in One form (Urgent)

Hi,

Im asked to develop Paypal subscriptions and Recurring Payments for my client.

Now, im in the below mentioned situation to design subscription.

That is, the customer has to pay onetime setup fee or some other regular products purchase + a Subscription during signup process.

Guide me how to sort it out this problem.

Note: I can manage this one time setup fee or the regular product charge, by setting up in trial price (ie. a1, t1, p1). But, client will not be happy with that kind of act. Also, there is no such provision to display the detailed description of the subscription terms through paypal form.

If im missing something or unknown about other features, kindly help me to solve this issue.

This is very urgent. Thanks in Advance.

Truely,

Srini

#2 codersrini

codersrini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 04:41 AM

Hi,

This is what i have sent a query to paypal email support.

---------------------------------------------------
Hi,

This is Srini, working as a LAMP Professional, India.
Im asked to develop Paypal subscriptions and Recurring Payments for my client

Now, im in the below mentioned situation to design subscription.

That is, the customer has to pay onetime setup fee or some other regular products purchase + a Subscription during signup process.

Guide me how to sort it out this problem.

Note: I can manage this one time setup fee or the regular product charge, by setting up in trial price (ie. a1, t1, p1). But, client will not be happy with that kind of act. Also, there is no such provision to display the detailed description of the subscription terms + regular product information through paypal form.

If im missing something or unknown about other features, kindly help me to solve this issue.

This is very urgent. Thanks in Advance.

Truely,

Srini

---------------------------------------------------

And paypal customer support is here,

Dear Srini Vasan,

My name is Patrick O'Neal, and I’m with PayPal Merchant Technical Support.

The only way to do this would be to use the trial period functionality in the subscription button, otherwise you are going to have to send an invoice or reminder to have the customer initiate a payment for each billing interval. Subscription buttons allow you to set your terms and then PayPal automatically bills the subscriber at the interval you set.

The trial periods are what we provide for a one-time charge and you can get as detailed as you wish in terms of the subscription description in the item_name variable. My recommendation is to charge them the one-time setup, any fees and possibly the first billing interval up front and then use the t3,a3,p3 for the normal recurring billing.

I hope this helps.

Patrick O’Neal
PayPal Merchant Technical Support
PayPal, an eBay Company

----------------------------------------------------------

ok. i managed this with trial periods and subscription variables.

But the actual problem is,

there is only one variable "item_name".

say, if i specify item_name as ("One time setup fee or regular product + Subscription charge / 3 months"), in the subsequent Subscription email from paypal to customer will also mention the same title like ("One time setup fee or regular product + Subscription charge / 3 months") which is not actually true. My client is not happy with this behaviour.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users