Error 3005

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest(old)

Guest(old)

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 08:18 AM

I have downloaded the WebAssit Toolkit and GBP wont work. If i elect to pay in USD i get an error telling me that it must be in GBP but when i change it to GBP the shopping cart errors and sends me the error 3005.

The same thing happend with the paypal example in the developers area. I cant seem to ad a photo to the cart.

Are paypal having problems today? The old USD way worked fine yesterday!

#2 paypal_pb

paypal_pb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 10:21 AM

Shopping Cart now supports multi-currency. If you are creating "Add to Cart" buttons in the button factory, you can select currency. If you are hand-coding, just add "currency_code=GBP".

Patrick Breitenbach
PayPal, Inc.
Dev Net: https://www.paypal.com/pdn

#3 PayPal_Danny

PayPal_Danny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 November 2002 - 12:27 PM

If you are getting a 3005 error from your shopping cart after making changes to your shopping cart code, you may need to clear your cache and cookies. This often happens to web developers who make changes to their shopping cart code.

** General Instructions
Open your PayPal shopping cart and remove all items
Close all PayPal related windows
Clear all cache (Temporary Internet) files
Clear all cookies from your cookies folder or cookies.txt file -- depends on browser and OS

** Advanced Users - If you have a reason you do not want to delete all your cookies you can look for cookies with (paypal.com) or (www.paypal.com) in the name.

** Extra Note
Customers can not add items with different currencies to their shopping cart. This will also produce an error.

Danny
PayPal Inc.

#4 champ

champ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 11:22 AM

I get the same error 3005.

I have made sure cookies are allowed in IE6 (on XP Pro no SP).
I have also tested on Netscape - same problem (with all cookies allowed)

I am testing with a personal account purchasing from a my premier account. So, what else can be wrong?

Can anyone help me please? (I did ask PayPal but no response in 4 days).

thx...Alan

Alan Dougall

#5 PayPalStephen

PayPalStephen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 08:47 AM

What is the URL where you button is located?

Stephen Ivaskevicius
PayPal/eBay, Inc.
www.paypal.com/pdn

#6 champ

champ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 08:43 AM

Hi Stephen,

The URL was http://www.hotpec.34sp.com/shop but it now works okay with IPN off. If I switch on IPN, I get the error 3005.

I had used the standard IPN script from the website and had not tailored it to collect get each item_number#.

I expect the problem may be to my being non-US. I am international and wondered if setting shipping value (and other US-only settings) might have caused this problem.

Does anyone know when PayPal expect to accommodate shipping and tax for non-US sellers? Also, it would be useful if the PayPal site detected the buyer's "European" language settings (I have some PHP code that works best on the server end.)

Thanks for taking an interest.

Alan Dougall

#7 PayPalStephen

PayPalStephen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 10:22 AM

In your code you are using the notify_url for your IPN post. The URL has to accept a post, was the IPN url in your PayPal account the same? either way it is working now.

Currently I would recomend using the amount variable and passing all the payments in one. We are working on enhancing our features to work with international users. Currently setting the international sign up/in page as a default or in any language other than English is not available.

Stephen Ivaskevicius
PayPal/eBay, Inc.
www.paypal.com/pdn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users