• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 antone

antone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 09:30 PM

I have created a website in Frontpage 2002 and everything is working fine but I am having a problem installing the script for Paypal. I have downloaded the package and copied it to a temporary folder in WinZip. I am now to step 3 and I am supposed to copy the paypal.pl script to my website's CGI script directory. The problem is: I have no idea how to access the server in order to place this script in this CGI directory (of which I do not what it is). Next I have to change its owner and I am not familiar with this either.

In sum, I've made it this far but I'm stuck. Someone please give me info how to get from having the temporary files:
paypal.pl
README

to actually having the Perl Script successfully installed.

Thanks

#2 Andrew Chang

Andrew Chang

Average Member

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 10:05 PM

You need to upload the script using FTP software because you will have to upload it in ASCII format and change the CHMOD value to 755 do a search on ws_ftp there is a free version if you can find it. if you need further help drop us an email and we will be glad to help.

Andrew Chang
ScorpionSystems.net
Home Shopping Web Design Advertising And Much More.........
For web Design or advertising Contact Sales@scorpionsystems.net
Web Site http://scorpionsystems.net

#3 antone

antone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 07:04 PM

Thank you so much for the help.

I've downloaded the ftp software and now know how to upload it to my server, but I face one problem. How do I know which folder is my cgi-bin. These are the file currently on the server:

etc
mail
public_ftp
public_html
tmp

These are the file names but I don't know which folder to upload the paypal.pl because the instructions says that it should go into the cgi-bin.

Please Help

#4 Andrew Chang

Andrew Chang

Average Member

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 11:36 PM

Contact your hosting company and they will help you with finding your cgi-bin directory usualy it is in your main dir but may also be in the public_html dir and sometimes you have to create one. Rarely you will come accross a host that will not alow cgi scripts to be run on their servers.

Andrew Chang
ScorpionSystems.net
Home Shopping Web Design Advertising And Much More.........
For web Design or advertising Contact Sales@scorpionsystems.net
Web Site http://scorpionsystems.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users