• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 shirtswithballs

shirtswithballs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 11:34 PM

This may not be possible but I just wanted to find out from the source. I've got this guy from Nigeria hounding me for a big order of shirts. Now, as fishy as the whole situation has been (frantic e-mails saying "I want the goods! Reply me soon."), I'd rather follow through professionally in case it's actually legit.

He wants to pay with credit card and have me ship to Nigeria, though he may personally be in the US now or frequently. Before I realized Paypal isn't set up in Nigeria I created a webpage just for him to click one "add to cart" button and make the order. What are my options? I suppose I may have to have him send me a money order, but any suggestions for a non-third-party credit card transaction are apprectiated!

Thanks!
-Phil Alterman
www.ShirtsWithBalls.com

#2 paypal_pb

paypal_pb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 12:04 AM

Be careful. Nigeria is possibly the stolen credit card capital of the world. Here's a shirt you could add to your collection: http://www.theregus....t/31/26742.html

Patrick Breitenbach
PayPal, Inc.
Dev Net: https://www.paypal.com/pdn

#3 shirtswithballs

shirtswithballs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 10:58 PM

Thanks, Patrick. That Nigeria shirt is quite funny. This guy I was telling you about actually sent me the credit cart number in an e-mail twice! Some other company in Africa just wrote me with a similar request and I told him to pick from our catalog, and now he wants up to $50,000 worth from all our designs. Who are these clowns? I wish I could generate this much traffic from bonafide US buyers!

I can see why Paypal has not "verified" Nigeria. I can't imagine the demand for shirts that say "The Last Church of Christ" or "I Picked Up The Soap And All I Got Was This Lousy Sodomy" being all that high over there. Let's see if he wants to send me a money order...

-Phil
www.ShirtsWithBalls.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users