Photo

Why am I getting Pending Reason of Unilateral from Sandbox?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 haggis999

haggis999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:44 AM

I created an ASP.NET 3.5 website last year for an annual international photographic competition. During the development process I made a lot of use of the PayPal Sandbox to test my code for handling IPN. When I went live last December all went well with PayPal. That competition is now history and the website has essentially been dormant pending the next competition, which opens in a few days.

Over the past few weeks, I have been modifying and retesting my website. My test payments via the Sandbox were working as expected until Monday of this week (2 Nov). Now all payments are being flagged as Pending, with a Pending Reason of 'Unilateral'. Nothing has been changed in the Sandbox configuration of either my buyer or business accounts since last year. The emails for both accounts are listed as confirmed. Can anyone explain what I might be doing wrong?

I also have some other strange behaviour in the Sandbox. When I make a payment the business name displayed near the top of my Sandbox business account page quotes one of our organisation's email addresses instead of "David's Test Store", as configured. In addition, the 'Cancel and return to' link lower down the screen also contains this email address (though the link takes me back to the correct site). Finally, the auto return to my site is no longer active after completion of the test payment. I now have to click on a link.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

David

#2 haggis999

haggis999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:49 AM

Problem now resolved. The BusinessEmail setting in my ASP.NET web.config file had been accidentally left on the live setting and so I was operating with a mixture of Sandbox and live settings!

David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users