Photo

How can I have 3 additional information handled by Paypal?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 nielsentomazini

nielsentomazini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:48 AM

Hello,
As you can see from the subject of my post, I am quite new to Paypal.

It is a simples question.
I would like to know if there is any way to have 3 additional fields with donors information that PayPal would store in the transaction information.

I will try to explain.
I am trying to set up a PayPal donation system. The problem is that besides the common information like first name, last name, address, etc, we need to gather 3 additional information, which is employer, occupation, and business place.
So, is there any way that these information could be received by PayPal and insert in the transaction information? So then, when I go to the administration of the PayPal account and read the details of the transaction I would be able to see these information?

I don't think it is possible but the need to be sure about that.

I think the only way to do that was to gather this information in my website before sending the donor to the PayPal page. However, in this case I would need help on how to pre populate the PayPal form fields.

I really appreciate any help.

#2 nds_webdesign

nds_webdesign

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:22 AM

I have created a button that can do this and posted it HERE.
You can see the HTML Code HERE.

For additional custom code or more advanced scripts please contact me at the below link:

Contact Nate at NDS Web Design
Nate

www.ndswebdesign.com

#3 lightsites

lightsites

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:44 AM

Did not pass the data to the PayPal account-holder, and that's kinda the whole point! Is it that PayPal only recognizes on0/os0 and on1/os1? In my bumbling around with this same issue, that is what I've found...

Mac

#4 nds_webdesign

nds_webdesign

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:14 PM

Hey lightsites,

Not sure what you mean "Not passing the data to the PayPal account-holder" this information should be passed to the Merchant in the Transaction Details. In my tests with the button at the link provided, when I login to the merchant account in the sandbox it shows the data. Is this not the effect on the live site? If it works in the sandbox I would expect it to work the same on the live site. If it works in the Sandbox as I have tested and found this to work, and it does not work on the live site. You may want to open a ticket at https://www.paypal.com/mts But everything I have tested with the code shows that it works correctly in the Sandbox.
Nate

www.ndswebdesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users