2 replies to this topic

#1 streetkids

streetkids

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:17 AM

Hi,

We are currently using PayPal for online donations. Someone else has set up the payment pages for us and they work fine apart from the fact that the details from the form which donors fill out don't always get passed through. Our developer says that this is because the donor doesn't return to our website once the transaction has completed on the PayPal site which they need to do in order for the data to be passed through. I haven't seen the script so I'm not sure how exactly it has been set up but I'm getting rather frustrated at having to contact donors once they've made their donation to ask for their information again.

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm surprised that there's no other way of obtaining the data assuming that people may not have any reason to return to the site once they've made their donation. Do we have any options to ensure that this data is received every time? Surely it can be sent through when they click to submit the donation (even if the donation fails for any reason?)?

Your help is appreciated!

#2 ameliak

ameliak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

Successfully collecting donor details

#3 angelleye

angelleye

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

It sounds like your developer used a basic donation button to make this work. When doing that, though, you need to use IPN instead of relying on PDT and your return page to handle post-order processing tasks.

IPN will trigger whether the user makes it back to your site or not. You could also replace what you're using now with Express Checkout and then you could handle everything from within the checkout flow because users are always guaranteed to make it back to your site with Express Checkout.

By the way, you might want to check out www.GiveMobiley.org. It's a mobile donation app solution I put together for NPO's, and it's free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users